Wednesday, July 30, 2008

2 weeks

Today marks the 2 week point of our little experiment! Today also marks the day she goes from half a pill to a full dose - oh boy! I can now say that I am not imagining the changes in our daughter. She is using far more words and is more interactive with us. When I say interactive, I mean of her own choice! We are not forcing the interaction, she is seeking it out. That is new. Other things that are new - she will say 'thank you' to me without prompting. When I enter her line of vision, she will say "hello Mummy", again without prompting. Last night, she blew my mind!

I tucked her into bed and left the room to get something. When I came back she was lying her bed reading her book. I had a basket of laundry in my hand and went to her closet to put her clothes away. When I came back out, she asked me "What are you doing?" I said, "I just got done putting your laundry away, now I am going to go and make a cup of tea" Then I realized that she had asked a question so I asked her "What are you doing" and she thought for a second and then said "I am going to go to sleep, goodnight" Oh it was a beautiful thing!

Other people have noticed things too. A neighbor came to the door on Sunday and Alex greeted her with a "Hello Miss Jo" which is something she would never have done before. Before, she would not even have acknowledged her existence.

So it is still early days, but I am feeling happy and optimistic right now. We shall see what happens now she is switching to a whole dose. I hope she can handle it!

Stay tuned

No comments: