Thursday, January 03, 2008

A new Year and lets make it a good one!

It is January 4th, the start of a new year and a chance to take stock and make changes! Or not! Tomorrow is the first day back to school for Miss Alexandra after her Christmas holiday. She has not regressed nearly as much as normal and I take this as a great sign. Of course, I cannot shout this too loud as I am trying to get her into a program that has more hours, more one on one and more intense therapies. If the school district even gets a whiff of progress from Alexandra, they will use it to take away the last argument they have to not pay for the better program. So I get to dress her pretty and send her on her way in the morning. It is odd how much pleasure I derive from putting her outfit together, getting her backpack all set and then sending her out to the bus. What still amazes me is that I do not rest until that bus drops her off at my door again. I do chores, run errands, take the boy to the library or park, but she is always dancing around in the back of my mind. My little mind only rests when she is back safely in my line of vision.

So I have decided that in the spirit of the new year, my resolution will be that my daughter finally becomes toilet trained. She is going to be 5 in just 2 weeks and enough is enough. I have tried so many of the methods researched on the internet, or shared with me in a therapy waiting room, but nothing has worked so far. I must just soldier on and find the combination that will work for her. Resolution - to be resolute, to be determined. I can, I will, I must.

Well enough of the rambling. My pillow calls me and I must answer the call. Morning comes soon!

No comments: